*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product.
TITLE: PENNSYLVANIA DUTCH COOKERY
AUTHOR: F. George Frederick
PUBLISHER, COPYRIGHT INFO: Favorite Recipes Press, 1966 reprint of 1935 original edition
DESCRIPTION: Hardcover, no dust jacket, 5 1/2" x 8 1/4", 275 pp.
BLURB/FLYLEAF: This amazing cookbook, a 1966 reprint of the original 1933 edition, is the story of the Pennsylvania Dutch and their cookery - their history, art, accomplishments, and a broad collection of their food recipes.
Chapters in Book One - Cookery, include:
* Regional Cookery and the Pennsylvania Dutch
* Pennsylvania Dutch Soups
* Various Dutch Oddities
* Dutch Meat Dishes
* Dutch Ways with Eggs and Custards
* Dutch Vegetable Dishes
* Ways with Philadelphia Scrapple
* The Dutch and Sea Food
* Dutch Salads
* Pennsylvania Dutch Pies
* Dutch Dumplings, Fritters, Pancakes, Etc.
* The Dutch "Seven Sweets and Seven Sours"
* Dutch Puddings and Desserts
* Dutch Cakes, Cookies, Etc.
* Around the Food Season with My GrandMother at the Farm
Chapters in Book Two - Background and Character, include:
* The Old-World Background of the Pennsylvania Dutch
* The Story of the Settling of the Pennsylvania Dutch in America
* The Vital Revolutionary War Record of the Pennsylvania Dutch
* The Character and Accomplishments of the Pennsylvania Dutch
* Pennsylvania Dutch Art Bibliography
CONDITION BOOK: Very Good+, with tight and square binding, clean pages. Touch of age-toning to outer page edges, interior pages. Former owner's name FFEP.
CONDITION DUST JACKET: None present. Covers show light overall shelf wear; some bumping; colors are bright and beautiful.